Saturday, May 8, 2010

Free Mothers Day Digital Card

For all the mothers out there HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! I love being a mom!!! I am not saying it is an easy job with nothing but grins and giggles but never the less I still love it. When I had my first baby (Becky) I was seventeen years old (yes I am one of those stupid teenagers that didn't think it would ever happen to me.) Scared and not sure what I was going to do I turned to my mother. I couldn't have asked for a better Mom. After the initial shock she started helping me decide what would be the best thing for me to do. I married my first Love at sixteen years old. He joined the Navy and we moved to Great Lakes Illinois (not a great place to live). Seventeen, pregnant, and living on my own. I had to grow up overnight. I talked with my Mom almost everyday (that was before cell phones so our phone bill was crazy high but worth it). Being a teenage mom was very tough but I wanted to show everyone I could take on the responsibility and be the best Mom I could be. Now I am a mother of 5 and a grandmother of 5 beautiful children. Let your Mom know how much you love and care about her this mothers day. Here are a few poems that I found that might help. And I created this picture to be printed onto card stock to give to your Mom.
Click on the picture to bring up a new window then Right Click on the picture that comes up in the new window save it to your computer then print on card stock. Or click here to go to 4shared to download a PSD file so you can add a personal touch.


Before I was a Mom -
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom -
I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on - Pooped on - Spit on - Chewed on, or Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and My thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life
so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known The warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

I gathered up some poems that I thought you could use to create your own special card or gift certificate for your special Mom.
Mother
If I could give you diamonds
for each tear you cried for me.
If I could five you sapphires
for each truth you've helped me see.
If I could give you rubies
for the heartache that you've known
If I could give you pearls
for the wisdom that you've shown.
Then you'll have a treasure, mother,
that would mount up to the skies
That would almost match
the sparkle in your kind and loving eyes.
But I have no pearls, no diamonds,
As I'm sure you're well aware
So I'll give you gifts more precious
My devotion, love and care.
Author Unknown

Thank You Mom

I know how often I took you for granted
when I was growing up.
I always assumed you'd be there
when I needed you...
and you always were.
But I never really thought about what that meant
till I got older and began to realize
how often your time and energy were devoted to me.
so now, for all the times I didn't say it before,

thank you, Mom...I love you so very much!
Author Unknown

My Mother

My Mother, my friend so dear
throughout my life you're always near.
A tender smile to guide my way
You're the sunshine to light my day.
Author Unknown